Sunday, October 6, 2013

I Popped My Guitar's Cherry - Laugh or Cry?

And it sucks!  I got this sweeeeet travel guitar cuz I spend a lot of time on the road.  Cool thing is that from the top of the strings all the way down to the nut (guitar players know that ain't no joke) it's the exact same size as a full size guitar.  It plays exactly the same.  Built in amp, earphone jack and just look at that thing.  It really is a work of art and among my 4 guitars it's the most expensive.  You got to treat yourself to some of the finer things in life every now and then.  

So I'm taking it on my first out of town travel today.  Giving people the stink eye that think they're going to put their computer bag on it in the overhead.  "Excuse me buddy but you're gonna have to  put your computer bag under that or find another spot."  He says, "there's not much room anywhere else."  I gave him the old DILLIGAF look.  Didn't want to blurt it out being on an airplane and all but if that's what it was going to come to I'm all in.

So I get to the hotel, plug in and jam out.  Hit dinner.  Back at the hotel start f'ing with the built in tuner.  I figure it could use a little tweaking.  Get down to the G string.  The next sounds you hear are:  POP-  F*cking SH*T!!!!

Well, it's happened now to all my guitars and sometimes within hours of buying a new set of strings.  I think I'll take it as a sign of luck and a rite of passage for the newest member of the family. 

When stuff like that happens we always have a choice:  you can laugh or you can cry.  I'll just keep laughing through it thank you very much.  Rock on, ride on and just keep thinking about the good stuff. 

No comments:

Post a Comment