Monday, September 2, 2013

A Day Without A Ride

Unfortunately I am stuck out of town and can't ride today.  It sucks.  BAD.  So I pass my time on the road looking at bikes on the highway.  I look at how they shine in the sun.  I watch how their riders lean or don't into turns.  I study the mechanics of their tires on the road.  I see hot chicks on the back and not so hot chicks on the back.  Lady riders and sports.  Jackets of all sorts.  Patches.  Denim.

Man, if I had my bike right now I would be hauling some ass with the wind in my face probably jamming out to Iron Maiden or maybe Thin Lizzy.  Could be some James Gang or vintage Rush.  Meeting up with Crazy Steve or Wild Bill.  Just out there trying to find an open road just on the outskirts of town.  Moving 1200CC of pure poetry throughout the hill country or go down by the Alamo real slow like.  Through King William and out toward Floresville.

Now I know how ZZ Topp felt when they said, "When I get back my old blue jeans...Lord how happy could one man be."  When I get back on my bike it's gonna be like breathing again.  You lucky bastards...go and do likewise my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment