Sunday, September 1, 2013

Alternative Pre Ride Checklist

Sure, tires, lights and all that.  Now, here is the alternative check list:

Take a leak and whatever else you need to do.  Nothing worse than taking off and having that on your mind the whole time.  Especially if you're this guy:

Blow your nose.  Once you get rolling you are not going to want to try shooting a snot rocket going 80.  Guess where that snot rocket is going to go once it leaves your face hole.  Right back atcha!

Gas card / cash.  I once ran out of gas at the pump and had to have the little lady come by with the card.  Not cool.

Make sure that the phone, ipod or whatever is charged up.  I always ride with music.  People have different opinions on this but whatever.  You do what you want to do.   I have a phone charger that runs from under the seat to my tool pouch (whoah!) so if I'm on a long ride it's no big deal.  I bought it off the internet with a 6ft chord for about $20.  You might not think you need a 6ft chord but its better to have too much than not enough.  That's life in general!

Sun glasses - check.  Rolled up long sleeve if I'm wearing a t-shirt - check.  Clean off the glasses, goggles and / or visor - check.  Fuel level - check.

Last but certainly not least I have a ritual when I leave my home.  ALWAYS hug and kiss the wife and kids.  If you can't do this because there is strife in the house you likely won't be riding clear headed.  Plus it's dangerous on the road - 'nuff said.

Hit the road knowing all is well and all will be well on the road.  Now go and rev the piss out of your engine, hit some twisties and ride like a pro, not a ho.

No comments:

Post a Comment